Discuss What the best way to... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
You would be best to use a semi dry screed rather than a concrete (subtle difference is simply that the concrete has gravel in it)

if you are really unsure I could put you in touch of some good screed installers...

however, you could set up a shutter system (screed rails) to guide the screed level. Then simply fill the former with screed, compact it and scrape it off to the tops of the screed rails. Remove the screed rails whilst the screed is still plastic and carefully infill the gaps that are left. Alternatively you can buy formers which can be left in place.

D

DHTiling

All you need is falls from either walls to fall to wards the former to prevent pooling.. this can be done with latex slc mixed slightly thicker than standard , the slc must be capable of finishing to feather edge.. once set, finish ridges with a smoothing stone... on timber floors you can ply the outer edges and then latex slc back to former at feather edge.

I work on one of these Altro type wetrooms every week all yr round..and have seen the floor layer use many trade tricks to get floors to fall in loads of directions with latex slc.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What the best way to... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
What are electric cleaning brushes? . Powered by electricity, it can scrub anywhere in your...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm having the majority of the ground floor of my house tiled (35m²) and I'm not...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB