Discuss What the hell? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

Another Monday morning, another idiot trying my patience. I have had a delay on a job from September, I kid you not, five months on and we still have to set foot onto site. I was given a date of Feb 4th to start, so the end of December I ordered the tiles in from the 'specified' supplier. They arrived 2 weeks ago, and the project is still on delay, so then I start getting phone calls from the supplier saying are you taking these tiles in? The answer is no...why would I be taking tiles in when the jobs not even ready. They are also supplying all the bathroom and shower room supplies, so they know what the state of the project is.

This morning I got a phone call from the project manager telling me the supplier has plonked 4 tonnes of tiles outside the building, and could I get someone down there to sort it out? So I rang the supplier and said who told you to deliver those tiles? you beter get the vehicle to turn around and pick them back up. She said to me no thats impossible its your order your responsible for them. Well actually they are not my responsibility because no one from my company has signed for them, so you have had a third party sign for them (the chippies no less!) Am I missing the point here or am I due to explode this week? As far as I am concerned I am not legally responsible for them at the present time, so if the tiles go walkabout tonight, someone is going to have a very nice bathroom or two or three.

Lynn

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Don't think I'd want to pick a fight with you this week at least.... Hope you get it sorted. You are right by the way the order has not been completed as no legit inmate representative of your company has completed the contract for delivery. I had this situation once a long time ago at coca cola when some bumpy of a lorry driver delivered and actually unloaded with his n board fork lift truck 10,000 plastic bottles the the factory 3 doors away. Some other equally helpful numpty from that unit said he would sign for them and let me know they were there.

i insisted they returned and moved them t the right location.... The real pain was that when I reviewed the QC report on the delivery I had to reject them..... They seemed to miss the irony sadly...

P

Pebbs

Thanks Alan, I can sleep tonight now, I thought I was right, but there is always the niggling thought in the back of your mind. This contract is in such a bad way the project manager said to me I dont think the floors will hold that amount of weight at the moment! what the hell does that tell you about the state of the place? This business is making me feel downtrodden at the moment, its one thing after another, seriously its time for a holiday, which has been booked. If it hadn't I could see myself, crashing.

Lynn

A

Aston

keep fighting lynn, dont let the *******s run you into the ground (sorry, bad pun ;0)while your fighting you stand a chance of winning...

oh fooooooooookin hell. just as i am writing this, ive bit into a nut in this cerial and my ******* tooth has just broke in half!! arrrggg its a molar and its has collapsed!! thats £350 on a crown now and an hour in the dentists chair!!. were does it end!!

T

Time's Ran Out

Lynn if you've ordered the tiles in December for February 4th start and the tiles arrived 2 weeks ago, then I'd have thought you were expected to receive the tiles before 4th February. If they hadn't arrived then you would have been protesting to the supplier, but as they've completed their side of the contract to supply, you may feel obliged/contracted to take delivery of them!
Although the job is delayed this is not the responsibility of the supplier and no doubt they want payment asap and hence the forced dispatch to site.
On these larger contracts they usually have delayed clauses included so the finer details may need to be inspected.
However as no representative from your company signed for receipt of goods at this stage I doubt if you are liable for the wellbeing of the tiles.
Hope you get sorted and enjoy your holiday.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What the hell? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB