Discuss What Tile Is This? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MikeW

Hi

Can anyone tell me what make/model this tile is? I didn't measure it but estimate it to be 150mm long.

Thanks

Attachments

• GreyTile.jpeg
    761.5 KB · Views: 60

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ooooo I like those a lot!

They appear to be hand made ceramics. Something akin to what 'original style' (perhaps try them?) would knock up. But they appear to have pearlescent tinge to them, that might be the light.

Can you take more pictures for me? See if you can find a grout joint that's quite shallow (doesn't have a lot of grout in) to get a shot of the biscuit backing. That might help.

M

MikeW

Ooooo I like those a lot!

They appear to be hand made ceramics. Something akin to what 'original style' (perhaps try them?) would knock up. But they appear to have pearlescent tinge to them, that might be the light.

Can you take more pictures for me? See if you can find a grout joint that's quite shallow (doesn't have a lot of grout in) to get a shot of the biscuit backing. That might help.

M

MikeW

Nice aren't they! :) I could try and get a better shot next time I'm there but these are actually on the back wall of the demo kitchen in my local Lakeland. I'm not sure they are strictly pearlescent but the uneven texture does seem to deflect the light in all directions. I'm afraid as I'm not a tiler (just an amateur DIYer) I'm not sure what you mean by biscuit backing. I presume you mean the pattern on the reverse?

Attachments

• GreyTile2.jpeg
    805.9 KB · Views: 48

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As Ray, my first thought was Winchester Tile Co (Original Styles) from their Residence collection, which has 200*100 and 130*63 The colour could be be Mash or Flint, but these are not usually produced in the brick tile, it's hard to tell if those pictured are half's or not!
Could be right actually the bottom of them appear to be the cut edge maybe.

Winchester Tile Co own Original Style or something?

M

MikeW

Lol my missus likes the grout colour she says it would avoid the kind of staining normally associated with white grout - especially the way I cook splattering everything in sight!... Is it a dye you add to it or do you buy it that colour?

PS regarding halves, is it common practice in tiling to cut square ones to give you subway tiles, even on a job of that scale?

Anyhoo.. I've looked into those Winchester tiles and they seem to be a bit too wavy-edged. The ones in the picture seem to be a bit straighter/more uniform but that could be the fact that the grout is obscuring the true shape perhaps? I've emailed Winchester the pictures so guess I'll just have to wait and see what they say.

Cheers

7ACK14

Could be right actually the bottom of them appear to be the cut edge maybe.

Winchester Tile Co own Original Style or something?

Winchester Tile is officially a partner of Original Style, along with Dorset Woolliscroft, the safety floor tiles (equivalent of Johnson's Kerastar) OS is really the parent company, but maintains the separate identities. They share factories, work shops and warehouses here in Devon. With their store/showroom being based in Exeter.
The Winchester range have a lot of hand finished pieces and they are the some of the same artists who work on OS's La Belle Cuisine and Artworks ranges

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Winchester Tile is officially a partner of Original Style, along with Dorset Woolliscroft, the safety floor tiles (equivalent of Johnson's Kerastar) OS is really the parent company, but maintains the separate identities. They share factories, work shops and warehouses here in Devon. With their store/showroom being based in Exeter.
The Winchester range have a lot of hand finished pieces and they are the some of the same artists who work on OS's La Belle Cuisine and Artworks ranges
How did you know all that? Ha

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What Tile Is This? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are looking for a tiler for potential tiling work in the Suffolk and Essex area. We...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
    • Informative
We are looking for a few boxes of Ceramica Cotto Tiles in Tampa Ivory 16x16. Please let me know...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB