UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What tiles are these? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

Hope this is in the right place.
I have been to look at a floor where the house has had subsidence a part of the slab the tiles are on has dropped by 2inches and it has been underpinned etc. I want to try and match the tiles that are there.
anyone recognise them?

what are they
what are they made off
where can i get reclaimed ones from
or can i get good copies etc.

They are a matt black and matt white the white ones are slightly off white i cleaned the area off the tiles that i took a picture off to show a better colour.
The black ones have a gold fleck in them maybe iron pyrite in the tile.

the house as built in 1930 and according to the owner he thinks it was tiled 1930-1940 somewhere in that region,

The tile sizes would have been in inches but i only have a mm tape when i got there so the size's in mm is 108mmx108mm square and 10mm thick.

IMAG0620.jpg IMAG0621.jpg IMAG0623.jpg IMAG0624.jpg IMAG0625.jpg IMAG0626.jpg IMAG0627.jpg IMAG0628.jpg IMAG0629.jpg

V

VersaTileEssex

Hiya, been looking at your pictures. they look like a dry pressed ceramic geometric tile. You'd be very lucky to to find the exact tile even from a reclaim yard. Some times it can be worth asking the neighbours, you never know!!

But I can get you something simliar. Sizes I can get are: 106 x 106mm x 9mm thick available in black and white, the white being an off white. The black is a plain without any flecs. They are both of a matt finish and if using indoors it is recommended they are sealed.

Hope this have been of use! Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What tiles are these? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.