UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What to do when job falls through in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kendo1

I was meant to start a bathroom refit on Monday as arranged with the customer. So I phoned up to check that everything was ready and find out when to turn up. The customer informs me that she went ahead and got it done by the bathroom supplier last week.
I had put off other work to fit her in so I was a wee bit upset.
Ah well!
The wife isn't happy as there are bills to pay.
So, I've contacted some previous customers to see if there is anything needing done.
Luckily for me there is a bathroom (that was fitted by the builders 15 years ago) where two walls need replaced. The grout and silicon both failed and the plaster board needs replaced. *rubs hands together*
Another customer needs her hall painted- six doors, skirting, new bath panel, taps repaired, wooden window ledges rubbed down and sealed, shelves put up. *rubs hands together again*
Another customer needs his hall, kitchen and main bathroom painted, shelving in kitchen cupboard, new bath panel. He also needs a new consumer unit- I'll phone an electrician mate of mine I always use, I'm sure he'll appreciate a wee bit of work.

The only unfortunate thing is I won't have any time off for the next few weeks.

Hey ho. I'm looking forward to the next bathroom refit.

Ken

A

Alan M

happened to me on a job a few months back. i ordered all the stuff and was about to start when he told me he was mooving house and didnt want it done at all. he inherited the house so that wasnt the issue but he should have told me a week earlier as i was waiting for material to come in and a few door to be special ordered. he took some of the stuff off me and i took the rest back but i got caught for the special ordered doors. i used them later but i wont be caught like that again

bluesky

TF
Arms
cambridge
non refundable deposit to at least cover materials and couple of days .then a %age on start day and then balance within 7 days of completion .all on proper paperwork stating it all for them to see. also send out booking form with spaces for deposit amount , 7 day notice of rights to cancel form ,waiver of right to cancel form .advised to do this by trading standards officer who i worked for(consumer act law ?) . if you dont give these forms and start work within 7 days without the right paperwork apparently they can not pay legally because you didnt give then 7 days to change their mind !!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What to do when job falls through in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have had a nightmare job I probably shouldn’t have took on. Called to a customers...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.