UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What to use for sub-floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vrytir

Hi guys,
I have decided to upgrade and tile my bathroom and I want to do it properly. So I am starting from the floor and I want to change existing sub-floor as it is squeeky and have a lot of movement when steped on.
My question is what should I use for sub-floor?
I know that standard is Chipboard, but would you recommend me Stokbord, which is "plastic wood" see it here . I thought that this option would be great as there would not be danger of rotting. Of course I would put Hardibacker on top of it.
So would you recommend me to go for this "plastic wood" or chipboard or MDF or anything else?
Do not worry more questions to follow:lol:

Thanks

A

A Robson

Putting in extra noggings is a good idea, for the flooring use moisture resistance chipboard then seal the chipboard with PVA, Ontop i would use a 6mm Aquapanel this is a concrete board used for wet areas, when laying the Panels use a flexi-Adhesive spread with trowel on subfloor lay down Panels in a staggered formation tapping down with level, The boards leave a 3mm gap between then tape all joints with Aqua Tape and screw down with approx 16 x 3/4" screws per board. when set about 2-3hours fill in gaps with flexi-Adhesive.it takes time but really worth the effort i have tried and tested this
Thanks..

finishing Touches. Wall & Floor Tiling
[email protected]

V

vrytir

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What to use for sub-floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.