UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss what to use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tricky15

Hi

I'm currently on with doing my bathroom i'm tiling around my bath from bath level to ceiling on two walls for a over bath shower to be installed. The tiles i've got are 600 x 300 x 10 porcelain tiles, and plan to stick them to wall using Mapei Keraflex addy.

The two walls i'm tiling i'm pulling off the skimmed plasterboard. Can i refix plain plasterboard and tank or do i use aqua panel or something similar i under plasterboard holds upto 32kg per m2

My tiles on box weigh 18.5kg per 5 tiles which covers 0.9m2

please advice i'm in two mind

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

tricky15

Hi

I'm currently on with doing my bathroom i'm tiling around my bath from bath level to ceiling on two walls for a over bath shower to be installed. The tiles i've got are 600 x 300 x 10 porcelain tiles, and plan to stick them to wall using Mapei Keraflex addy.

The two walls i'm tiling i'm pulling off the skimmed plasterboard. Can i refix plain plasterboard and tank or do i use aqua panel or something similar i under plasterboard holds upto 32kg per m2

My tiles on box weigh 18.5kg per 5 tiles which covers 0.9m2

please advice i'm in two mind

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surely the weight of addy won't be more than 12 kg per m/2

T

tricky15

Plasterboard will be fine, just tank the wet areas, aqua panel is the better option but, a more expensive one, the choice is yours. I'd use a 10mm trowel for that size tile and don't forget to back skim the tiles. Best of luck with the job and don't forget to show us some pics.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

back skim is where you fill the hollows on the back of the tiles then stick to wall. Yes?

ps if i tank the plasterboard does that not act like a painted surface and the weight per m/2 is reduced?

G

Gazzer

back skim is where you fill the hollows on the back of the tiles then stick to wall. Yes?

ps if i tank the plasterboard does that not act like a painted surface and the weight per m/2 is reduced?

Yes that is back skimming but dont forget that you still spread the wall too.

You need to get the weight info from what ever manufacturer you are using, Usually it is determined by the original substrate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what to use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I've bought what I thought were floor tiles for my bathroom. They are 600 x 300 x 8.5mm ceramic...
Replies
Views
Ceramike
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.