Discuss What we all starting/doing monday then ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Back on Monday and I've loved the 2 weeks off, first 2 weeks together for years.

Just got confirmation of a nice bathroom to be done as well. Been sent through the drawings, specs and colour pics, apparently there's a listello encrusted with Swarovski crystals to run round the room as well, mmmm...nice.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Nice John. Lets hope they aint 6x6 :)

It's all Porcelanosa so I need flat walls (90x30 tiles)

They've got their annual 40% discount sale on now, bargains to be had for people who didn't think they could afford from there, although my client has spent about 11k even with the discount before any other trades have been accounted for.

J

jonnyc

time will tell with that my friend ;) im doing the mother inlaws splash towards the end of the month cant wait for it!
Ash . You seemed to have learnt plenty now. Why don't you take the plunge and get your name out there.i don't mean you should tout your skills as pro tiler to tile shops but there's no harm in putting a little ad in the local paper or a card up in newspaper shop where people look at notice boards.or even b&q.
you are obviously keen so it must drive you mad to be waiting till end of month to do a splashback.
There is no substitute for getting out there and actually doing the job . You will make mistakes but there are plenty of people on here that will give you advice inc me . You don't know how lucky you are having a forum like this.i had a Collins book of DIY with two pages on tiling to refer to but I would never have progressed without making mistakes and learning from them

M

Mr Tiler

I know mate one thing I may of even packed it n by now if this site didn't keep me constantly thinking about tiling! ...I said might of! lol. I am waiting until the 8th mate I have to go and see someone about going self employed apparently I get a mentor from day one but will be using you guys more no doubt lol. also have access to business start up funding to get me a vand on the road and all the professional tools think its only up to £2,500 but it will at least get some ads and a van on the road I have majority of tools now anyway just not the best to work with but what I have im confident of doing good smaller jobs. it is killing me not being able to go up there and rip it all out tellin ya it was supposed to be just before xmas but was put back due to money ;) cant wait though im using my favourite tiles too the negro black from tile choice with the bevelled edges! lovely

M

Mr Tiler

im not to sure ive just been reffered to it its similar to princes trust. yeh I done a little reading up and basically they build up a business plan and then you are reffered to whatever funding they think you need up to £2,500.. then you have to repay it within a couple of years. but at least it is a start and then can go self employed and start looking for work like a madman. im sure fait will bring me a special van it has done me good to get my own little career going just hope it can make a better future for us!... but reffering to your other post jonny you may get a call one day from a panicking man named ash after some advsise lol... cherrs mate

J

jonnyc

Had a disastrous start .was informed a two week job for four of us delayed by three weeks just three days before Xmas. No chance to find more work over Xmas period.then cracked couple of ribs on 29th tripping over the cat.
got in the van first time today which is bearable when the painkillers kick in.
seen a number of stone cleaning jobs for old clients and by giving them a very good deal have sorted next week out with another stone job so just about covering wages.
all in all not much different than last year but by 21st start first of five back to back new builds which are about 90 Man days each inc double stone staircases in each so all in all hoping this will be the year that gets me back to what is was like prior to 2010.

S

Stef

It's all Porcelanosa so I need flat walls (90x30 tiles)

They've got their annual 40% discount sale on now, bargains to be had for people who didn't think they could afford from there, although my client has spent about 11k even with the discount before any other trades have been accounted for.

John, ive not long finished two en-suites with 900x315 porcelanosas, i must admit i wasnt overly impressed with the quality of the tiles.
dont get me wrong they were bang on size but a few of them were bowed, not like porcelanosa.
Cant remember the name, will check tomorrow, the floor tiles (660x440) had a bow in some of them aswell, still at them about 200m2 to go,
the house is never ending..

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
John, ive not long finished two en-suites with 900x315 porcelanosas, i must admit i wasnt overly impressed with the quality of the tiles.
dont get me wrong they were bang on size but a few of them were bowed, not like porcelanosa.
Cant remember the name, will check tomorrow, the floor tiles (660x440) had a bow in some of them aswell, still at them about 200m2 to go,
the house is never ending..

Borneo Blue walls
P-Borneo_Blue.jpg

Tecno Bhutan on floor
tecno_bhutan_silver_decor.jpg

Should look really nice, there's an LED rain showerhead, LED basin tap and TV going in this one as well :thumbs_up:

R

RDTiling

I've got 3 bathroom/toilet floors coming up - if seems as though everyone I speak to only wants floors done.

Two of the bathrooms are 1.63 sqm and 1.96 sqm, so nothing huge at the moment.

The third is part of a 'regeneration' project of the bowling club I'm a member off, which comes to about 7sqm. There are three further toilets in the bowling club to do, so hopefully that will kick start this year for me - they are starting with the one that is in most need of being done, which you will be unsurprised to hear is one of the gents!

Reply to What we all starting/doing monday then ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB