UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What would you charge for this one? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spirit

I have just tiled this bathroom on daywork, my 1st tumbled marble job, but was wondering how much you would charge for a job like this?

Floor 300x300 tiles, lower walls 100x100 border 200x25x25 upper walls 200x200.

The bathroom is 3.2m x 2.6m x 2.7m high

Attachments

• DSC00134.JPG
    408.3 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC00135.JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 280
S

Spud

the overall look to the bath room is good couple of tips 1. when you cut into the corner doing diagonal try to wrap the cuts around on to the adjacent wall 2. try to get a larger cut to the ceiling but it is a good 1st attemp i know some people tell you about 70 and 80 pounds a sq m for marble tiling , in the real world you would get between 30 to 40 a metre for the straight tiling 45 for the diagonal 5 linear for the dado

S

Spirit

I am happy with my rate, was just curious as to how much others with more experience would expect to charge. If you don't want to post on the forum please let me know by private message.

I have done wrapped corners on the diagonals but the above photos don't show it. The small cut at the ceiling is unfortunate, but was the best compromise to look nice around the other bathroom fittings.

I have taken another photo of the window, which was a right pain, very time consuming but ultimately very rewarding. The reveals are at 65deg and had to be mitred. To keep the grout lines around the reveals and head, some tiles had to be reduced and dressed to match the tumbled edges.

Attachments

• DSC00136.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 145
G

Grace'sDad

Right then, I'll be first to stick my neck out!

i would say that a job of that standard would take me 5 full days to complete, assuming no fussy prep work. So 5 x day rate = £ 750 to £1125 depending on the tiler/customer

I would insist on using BAL Single Part flexible white @ £29.00 / 20kg - 5 hr bucket life and lovely to work with.

Labour and materials £1300 - £1600 depending on the mood?

By the way - it looks a great job and I personally would be happy to pay top dollar for that!

B

Branty

the overall look to the bath room is good couple of tips 1. when you cut into the corner doing diagonal try to wrap the cuts around on to the adjacent wall 2. try to get a larger cut to the ceiling but it is a good 1st attemp i know some people tell you about 70 and 80 pounds a sq m for marble tiling , in the real world you would get between 30 to 40 a metre for the straight tiling 45 for the diagonal 5 linear for the dado

How do you know if he has or hasn't wrapped the cuts around the corner? I can't see from the pictures.
As for the small cut, I think he's come full tiles off the dado. Maybe a cut tile to the dado didn't look right.

Top job by the way. £2.5-£3k inc mats. You need to spend time on work like that, and it looks as if you have.
If thats your first job of that kind you're doing well, if you can improve on that by the time you do your last one, you'll have done some fine work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to What would you charge for this one? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A
Hello, I've got to lay 45 X 45cm tiles (1cm thick) on a suspended floor with 22mm chipboard...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering what, as a tiler, you would expect to do when you go to a job. Do you prepare...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.