Discuss what would you do in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyeire

I'm doing an ensuite refit and the customers have weighed in with 2 different set of tiles, one for inside the shower enclosure and the rest for all walls in ensuite. One problem though, the tiles are both different sizes!

This ensuite is very tight, its 800mm x 2.8m and the shower fits in one end. In all my years of working I've never been asked to do this and wondering what your own thoughts on it. I was thinking is there anything to break the joint because IMO one grout line running into the middle of the next tiles is going to look awful. I suggested I run a mosaic border from floor to ceiling but they didn't like the thought of this. I was maybe thinking of using an expansion joint but then again, that wouldn't look to good either.

H

Handyeire

Would the shower door not separate the two tiles.

Theres nowt telling for some people's taste. ..our job is to advise if they dont want to listen. Then they have to live with it.

Yeah the shower enclosure will hide it (abit) but you'll see it above it. I know its what they want but I dislike putting my name to work like this incase others see it and think some nutjob done it lol. I suppose ill have to live with it if there's nothing that can be done to take bad look of it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Use a 10mm polished metal trim to separate the two tiles

2011-03-11_10-13-59_272.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-03-11_10-15-57_662.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 2011-06-03_12-35-34_343.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 75
give them the option of the aesthetic finishes each lay out will give them. I wouldnt walk away from a job over this issue, once tiled and paid...tis them who will live with it, but they way I see things now, is as long as the tiles are flat and lip free and clean, the customer wont notice this, although us tilers would...get them up and get paid and onto the next one. :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what would you do in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB