UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss what would you reccomend in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If they're always external walls I'd also consider checking for any damp issues related to the roof perhaps, that sort of thing.

There's a thermal check you can do using a camera on the outside of your property that shows up damn contained within the walls. The screen shows red where it's dry, orange where it's a little damp (the usual storage of water bricks can have after a rainy day) and then goes black and dark blue where it is always wet. You'd be surprised how a slight deterioration on say, chimney lead flashing, or conservatory flashing for example, can have a drastic affect on some other area of the property due to the way it is all constructed. By the time it gets to the inside of a wall there are dozens of places it could have come from.

Though obviously if it's surface mould etc then as above. The ventilation needs sorting out. Or heating needs using a bit more if it's just as spare bedroom that doesn't get used much or something.

Bathrooms are just renowned for it though due to the amount of water and heating and cooling the rooms go through hence loads of condensation. We have an extractor fan that comes on with the light, and stays on for a minute or two once the light has been switched off. Works wonders and you can't get lazy with it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
yes John , and gloss on the skirtings .......

mmm... you're up against unless you stop the cause. Ventilation tops the list of causes. Dulux do a nice black range on their colour charts, and it's very chic these days to go down the black/grey route.:smilewinkgrin:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
well just given the bleach a go and it has shifted it ,i read the on line version of dettol/hc and both of them have bleach as the active agent ,so house hold bleach is cheap as chips .......... the others are not :thumbsup: i will give it a couple of washes over then decorate , i think you can get anti-mold paint /or an additive for the paint...........

I have used this when there has been a leak onto ceiling and a water mark left. Painted over the mark and then overpainted with emulsion and it stopped the stain re-appearing. If you just paint over the existing it will penetrate and the mark will appear again.

http://www.zinsseruk.com/_assets/library/1213.pdf

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what would you reccomend in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.