Discuss What you reckon??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
I started a job for a new builder today , got to
the job found the plumber their cutting tracks in the walk for pipe work , hung about for an hour and a half till he finished ! Said plumber didn't fill the tracks in after him, and when I ran the level over the newly rendered walls they were out a good bit, the client wanted tiles laid brick bond , which will be a nightmare on these walls ! The floor is also newly laid and shocking ! I ran these issues over with the client , as the builder was unavailable ! my problem is do I say to the builder knowing that he doesn't want some new tiler telling him the plasterer and flooring contractor he's had for years isn't up to standard! Or do I play it down , in case a lot more work could possibly come in from him!! But at the same time is this the sort of people I want to be doing work for ! His previous tiler must be using the dot and dab method on the plasterers work , for it's the only way you could touch the walls with tiles!!!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

I started a job for a new builder today , got to
the job found the plumber their cutting tracks in the walk for pipe work , hung about for an hour and a half till he finished ! Said plumber didn't fill the tracks in after him, and when I ran the level over the newly rendered walls they were out a good bit, the client wanted tiles laid brick bond , which will be a nightmare on these walls ! The floor is also newly laid and shocking ! I ran these issues over with the client , as the builder was unavailable ! my problem is do I say to the builder knowing that he doesn't want some new tiler telling him the plasterer and flooring contractor he's had for years isn't up to standard! Or do I play it down , in case a lot more work could possibly come in from him!! But at the same time is this the sort of people I want to be doing work for ! His previous tiler must be using the dot and dab method on the plasterers work , for it's the only way you could touch the walls with tiles!!!
you only lose a good tiler if it cost more for you to work for the builder than you ever make and every job you do you are ashamed of so you walk away if you put up with this you have set the standard and only have your self to blame if you cant talk to the builder now just wait till you have to get paid howmany trades on site have worked for him for years ? not many would be my quess walk away know before your morgagae is due and you cant pay. while he goes on another carrabein hoilday at your exspenes wise up you only lose good trades men if you are a toatel a hole

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What you reckon??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB