Discuss Whats happened to HG Impregnator ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tomo13

HI. I have been using HG Impregnators for the last 10 years and always got on well with them. I have just laid 40sq m of tumbled trav and sealed them on Saturday. I said to the customer, right lets open the windows as this stuff stinks a bit. Opened the bottle and poured it out and thought right away this looks different. Did 2 coats and you cant even tell that i've put any on. I know its not meant to change the colour, but it always used too a little bit, for the better. At the moment they look like they have just come out of the crate and had nothing on them. Anybody know if they have changed formula etc ?

I think the Eco-warriors of the world have forced some changes in this area? I believe some products are now water based , Lithofin I think produce one such product? Could be that.

I've used the water based stuff and it was pretty awful to use , seemed sticky and didn't glide the old chemical , melt the planet , destroy the ozone old stuff, good kit :0)
Also I panicked when it seemed to streak but eventually it settled in.

Cheers

Diggy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Whats happened to HG Impregnator ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Just completed my last little bit of Chinese slate in a downstairs cloakroom and looks...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been planning on tiling my 16sq m dining room floor for ages, so have been reading...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB