Discuss Whats the best way to tank our wetroom? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

RBussey

Hi all!

i am building a wetroom en-suite and have been doing some research but still can't decide on what materials to buy or what would be best for me. The walls are brick with plaster and the floor has floor boards and joists. At the moment I have decided to get the Tuff2 tray as I have read good reviews about it working well with wooden floor joists. Does anyone disagree?

And with the floor boards as I am tiling should I replace them with ply wood? Or place hardie board over the top?

one last confusion I have is the tanking for the plaster walls? Can I also use the same tanking membrane for the floor?

i am very keen on DIY and feel comfortable to do the job, I'm just a bit unsure which materials to use.
any help would be grateful

I have posted this before but in the wrong forum, thanks to whitebeam for your help

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Whats the best way to tank our wetroom? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB