Discuss Whats the longest time in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
Got a call from a customer that I had done a quote for a splashback in her new kitchen 3yrs ago, she say that she is now ready for the tiling work :lol:
Whats the longest time anyone has left it before getting back to you ?

Better than no call !

D

Deleted member 9966

I was just thinking, does anybody follow up on quotes after a couple of weeks of giving them? Most of the tradespeople I've dealt with have always followed up with a call just to find out if I'm wanting to take the quote up etc.

But maybe it's worth contacting those people who you never got back to in the last 3-6 months to find out if they've had their job done? Perhaps just say that you're having a paperwork sort out and just wanted to make sure that the copy of the quote you have won't be needed anymore if the customer has had the work done. That might refresh the customer to actually get a job or two booked in.

It seems that if people are now coming forward a year or more after the original quote, maybe they got cold feet first time round because of the recession but now things may be a bit more stable for them, or they've had time to save some more money or whatever and finally get the work done.

sorry for rambling. just some thoughts going through my head.

A

akinsontiles

I always kept a diary of when I saw an estimate, the date it was sent and if a response wasn't received within seven days I would call them to discuss it. I did this with QS's as well as domestics. I felt awkward at first but you eventually get more comfortable with what to say and handle the people on the other end of the phone.

I'd say that it is good practice whether you or busy or not just to know if you are pricing competitively and if there's something you are doing that may put some customers off using you so you can adapt it for next time.

Also keeping a database of which houses you've been to can be useful if you are doing direct mailings or e-mail updates if you've got new offers on. Who wouldn't pass up free grout and adhesive or 15% off if they were thinking of getting something done soon. Especially if you say the offer is only valid for the next 30 days or something like that and they MUST call now to reserve you for their job.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd chase up any quotes pretty soon after posting them out to be fair. Leaving it too long wouldn't work. Let's face it, they're only after the price so once they've opened the estimate they know that, so they've probably made up their mind right there and then. Give it a day for family discussions or whatever but after a few days I'd call them.

Reply to Whats the longest time in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. My daughter had a tiling job done in her kitchen while she was away last week. I stayed...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Whats the longest time
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.