UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Whats the most expensive tile you have fixed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I was looking around Porcelenosa today as I am doing a months worth of work with their tiles. I couldn't believe the prices of some of their stuff - not so much the tiles but the bathware + accessories.
Those chrome listello strips you put in instead of grout lines : £86 for 2.5 ms !!
Tiny little soap dispenser: £186!!!
I thought these were the kind of bath refurbs I would like to get into and then thought I'd be too scared of damaging anything

S

sWe

I was looking around Porcelenosa today as I am doing a months worth of work with their tiles. I couldn't believe the prices of some of their stuff - not so much the tiles but the bathware + accessories.
Those chrome listello strips you put in instead of grout lines : £86 for 2.5 ms !!
Tiny little soap dispenser: £186!!!
I thought these were the kind of bath refurbs I would like to get into and then thought I'd be too scared of damaging anything

Ever had a job where the customer bought exactly the number of tiles needed for the job? The glass border job was such a job. The delivery time on those tiles was like four weeks, so I was afraid even touching the damn things, hehehehehe:lol:

D

Deleted member 1779

Most expensive we have DRILLED is £120psm

It was a city advertising agency and they wanted dead-bolts fitted for their internal glass doors protected by a magnetic drop down bolt at the base.

They wanted to see our full liability insurance for £2m and told us if we cracked the tiles then we pay to have them lifted and reset.

So we rammed the price up to £250 per day + vat. And £8 congenstion charge.

Was on site for three days. Good fun but the staff in their designer clothes trod on my fingers a few times as I laid on the floor. But in their eyes because I was in jeans I was low-life contractor.

I played up to the part and sat in their posh eatery eating my subway sarnie, reading the SUN and sipping coke.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
I once fixed some tiles from fired earth 10cm x 10cm ( 100 to a mtr)...£5 each tile...........5 mtrs in total.....

I once fixed tiles in a kitchen,the tiles were also from fired earth ,for two and a half metres they paid £1,900 ,but i suppose they could afford it as they had a see through fridge full with around forty bottle's of dom perignon .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Whats the most expensive tile you have fixed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.