UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss whats the worry about? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jackdempseys

hi as a new member and a new virgin to pro,tiling,i,ve been doing diy all my life..not rocket,
after reading the topices on the forum a lot of people seem worry,d about the number of people coming in to tiling,but a lot of people out there are good with there hands, like myself.
and there,s a so called sortage, so we see a shortage of tilers, and think why not. 2 years ago there were no such thing as a 4 day tiling course, thats why i got in to it ,,you see its somethink i enjoy, and as for oversea,s people as i call them ,wot about mr and mrs smith who have moved to bolton, who do they want to do there bathroom me or mr poland,,
me coz i know them well .

point is theres maybe 100 plumers in my town, 300 plasters.. 500 builders,, mybe by the end of the year, 50 tilers,so wot do a good job you will allways get work,
and i am drinking spitfire the bottle of brittan. plus i cant spell.

D

DevonR

Hiya mate - personally I don't give a Castlemaine xxxx how many new tilers there are appearing on the market - good luck to them all is what I say.
There is plenty of work to go round. The newbies are not competing in the same circles as me. I already have a good network of other trades, tile shops and bathroom/kitchen shops who pass me work and also recommends.
No worries :)

Hallelulyah - someone on here talks sense. :shades_smile:

E

epoxy pete

91 ...bloody hell....boltons yelow pages has merged with wigan and surrounding areas now ..so i guess we are not to far behind..never advertise either...especially yellow pages...rip off and full of time wasters and people wanting insurance quotes!!!!!...i started to charge em £35.00 per quote,if i got the job i would knock it off the bill.....how soon there enthusiasm faded when they knew it was going to cost them money!!!!!! had one one bloke threaten me with the the trading standards!!!...50 mile round trip for nowt ....!!!!!!!....i never did get the job.....how sad....

W

wivers

The worry is that with all of the new tilers looking for advice on this forum they will all be such fantastic tilers after picking the brains of Dan, Concept, Leather and the likes that competition will be massive....i'll end up having to take a part time job in a topless gogo bar as a waitress where i'll fall into the seedy underworld and end up selling my pert behind for cash everynight just to pay off the loan i took out for my breast implants!!!!! ;)

L

Leatherface

you cant become a good tiler by reading a forum.
but you can sell ur arse down any city or town passage,

Don't know what your problem is pal ? If you don't want to use the Forum as it is intended then don't bother at all.
I will always give the best advice that I can - have nothing to fear about other tilers pinching my work.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to whats the worry about? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Guys, been a little while as been crazy busy and then been ill for a good few weeks, anyway...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
K
No matter how good you are at whatever job you do,sometimes you will make mistakes.Just...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.