UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What's your diarys like? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Hey guys and girls,

Just been out for a 3rd visit to a customer whose bathroom and en-suite i'm pricing at the moment. After a 2 hour chat over products and price i got a deposit to secure a start date of the 3rd of September. Should be two lovely travertine bathrooms with fitted oak furniture.

So, i've had a look at the diary since getting home and to my surprise i'm finding myself mega busy. I have three more jobs i'm quoting. Two of which i'm certain to get as it's recommendation and they're not looking around. "IF" i do land those two as well i'm packed out until mid-february. Which i was quite surprised about.

I've taken a different approach to promoting myself this year. I've not paid for any advertising other than getting a website off the ground (self build). But i have been working a lot on building relationships with suppliers, and it's here where my leads are coming from. The suppliers are pushing my cards, and as it's people actively looking it's turning out most are genuine customers.

Just wondered if things are picking up though and how everyone else is looking for the second half of the year?

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Booked up until October, same as bugs I don't like to get too much further ahead than that. But that said I did quote a job the other day for 300sq mtrs of 1200 x 600 porcelain. In a rather large house which if that comes my way I will have a pretty full diary for a while longer............

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
mines black..:smilewinkgrin:

picked up well here after the worst 6 months ive had in 30yrs, thought about jacking the lot in at one point, now ive got another tiler giving me a hand next week, i find it hard to get some customers to wait now, and have knocked back a few jobs because of that, funny when you think in march i would of given my right arm for a run of work, one things for sure you never know whats round the corner it the momment....boom or bust!!!........lets hope its all boom..:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What's your diarys like? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have a question about some cracked grout in my wet area shower, I've attached a...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.