Discuss when you guys in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Thanks for that Neil ,your right i don't come across the same situations as you general guys do every day , i'am trying to get to the bottom of a claim a competitor is making that he can screed 6mm thick on to a 75mm thick blue foam !! now BS standards say's insulation foam is a floating floor and must have a minimum 70mm of screed over this, so there is something wrong with his claim !!......

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

I apologise wasnt meant as an insult,was more a thought that this should be in the arms,you type something and dont realise how bad it sounds till later,sorry dave was'nt having a go :thumbsup:

Don't worry mate no offence taken , i know i can sound a bit random at times mate :lol::lol::lol: i have got to the bottom of it! and he (the competitor ) is headed for trouble IMO :lol: thing is he will leave a trail of devastated costumers in this wake :mad2: :thumbsup:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

So are you pricing a job as well as him or is it that you've heard him specing this odd system??
he does ,an insulation system for swimming pools that is a bit like EWI systems being fitted to a lot of social housing at the moment!,but i cant see it working long term and its not accredited by the BBA or anyone as far as i can see, i have been asked by another company to fit his system as they have fallen-out with him,and he took a lot of money -off the company for a consultation ,£600, he was there for half-hour and in that time he took three telephone calls lol, he charged them £6000.0 for some styrofoam and pre-baged render :mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to when you guys in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB