Discuss When's everybody breaking up for christmas? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Not sure if we've done this one yet but I'm trying to work out properly when I'm breaking up and when I'm starting up again. I say that, I mean, when I don't enter the office as much, and then when I do again. lol

I'm thinking of breaking up as some point between sort of 19th and 21st. (Thought about breaking up on 14th but I'd just end up doing a couple of days anyway so may as well leave it a bit longer.)

Then starting again officially on the 7th Jan but perhaps do a couple of days before that but just half hearted and not full on work.

What about you lot?

D

Deleted member 9966

I finish Friday 21st, and not going back to work until 2nd January. That's 11 days straight of no work, no grief, no mither.

Today is not going to plan. I was expecting a supplier to pop in with Christmas goodies, only to get a phone call from their office to say they're stuck in traffic so are cancelling the meeting. No Christmas goodies? No longer on my suppliers list! Bah humbug.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think there are big issues on the A50 Liz if they're coming from Derby way. Two trucks playing chicken and neither won.

As for the time off; that sounds pretty reasonable. I think I might get bored trying to have off until the 7th. Might just do the 2nd or something myself.

I plan on being that drunk on new years eve that I end up in the gutter with a bunch of mates all spread out around me. Might not be able to face even the 2nd after that one.

D

Deleted member 9966

I've just come back from lunch to find said suppliers Christmas goody bag in reception for me. So much for cancelling the meeting and re-arranging. Maybe traffic wasn't as bad as they thought. But still, bah humbug, they've sent me a pocket diary wrapped in Christmas paper, a few pens, coasters, desk calendar and their latest terms of business. Tis the season to be humbug.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That was the connect , the new van tyres are bigger.. around 70 quid each... begrudge getting any till i have to i suppose , i was thinking of getting all weather tyres.. @Dan

Get some off-road ones that are suitable for on-road too. Your only limit then is the road speed. At 90MPH (or even 80MPH) with some they heat up too much.

Looks a bit like nobbly's from off a crosser but do have some lines in them that go right around them still which makes them suitable for on-road in the wet.

You'd never get stuck in those in snow. And they'd do you for the summer too.

D

DHTiling

Get some off-road ones that are suitable for on-road too. Your only limit then is the road speed. At 90MPH (or even 80MPH) with some they heat up too much.

Looks a bit like nobbly's from off a crosser but do have some lines in them that go right around them still which makes them suitable for on-road in the wet.

You'd never get stuck in those in snow. And they'd do you for the summer too.
[MENTION=1]Dan[/MENTION] , i was thinking of the Vredestein all weather ones to run all year round..

images

Reply to When's everybody breaking up for christmas? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB