UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Where do I find work? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Any new tilers stuck at all, with anything?

hi i have just went full time doing tiling myself can anyone give me a few tip's where is the best place to find work ?

thank you vince1

A couple of things to start with, get an advert in your local paper, get the free listings where you can like in yellow pages etc, get some business cards dropped off at all your local tile stores, call a few related tradesmen like a plumber maybe and ask to send him work and should he have any tiling that needs doing, give you a bell. Generally try and start the word of mouth thing off right from the start, do some tiling at home and get your Mrs sell it to her friends :) do some cheaper work for family to help you get your speed up a bit, see it as training and even swallow some small losses maybe to just help get you going and in your van and out and about. Local plumbers merchants can sometimes help too if you stick you card in there etc.

That's a start. :) I'm sure more will reply with what they did.

T

tony TLC

Re: Any new tilers stuck at all, with anything?

i did phone a good few kitchen fitters 2day really good. few said they would put me on there list and will phone me so hopefully i will get a few calls also have put a advert in the new's paper 2day.

thanks for your help
go aroynd the shops have a chat take a few cards sell your self
most shops will tell you that to get rid of you so show your keen and willing in the shops at worst they can say they have a tiler:shades_smile:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Where do I find work? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
These are kitkats on a mesh backing. Not entirely sure how the tiler has managed to do this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.