UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss where do old tilers go to ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MARBLE_TONY

I knew a builder when I was a apprentice that was still doing all the graft at 79. Everything from lugging bricks up ladders to doing the work himself along with his partner of 50 years who was 75 great builders to. But turned up one day and there was the ambulance trying to revive the 79 year old couple of days later the second guy came back finished the job told the client you are my last customer and retired.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i know a couple of tilers in there late fifties, one of them has been tiling all his working life and never worn a knee pad and never had any knee problems, makes me cringe whatching him crawl round the floor..

ive been giving quite a lot of thought as to what i would do if my tiling career came to a sudden end, my knees seem to be getting worse each year, plus works been so up and down this year, but when youv'e done the same job all your working life having to pack it in and do something eles sends a shiver down my spine, couldn't hack working in a factory, or office ,or a tile shop, may be repping but im to honest, if a product was crap i just couldn't sell it...lol, think i will proberly end up going as long as i can, maybe just slowing down as the kids get older and stop bleeding me dry..

S

Spud

Some tiling companies I have worked for have had their tilers retire at 65 after working for them for 50 years but they still come back and carry on working ,there was one team who had a 70plus year old working with his 2 sons who were in their late 30s I guess if you are fit enough age is just a number ,I always hoped i could make some money and retire early but that doesnt look possible so I wiullprobably end up working till my body doesnt allow me to any more ,If I couldnt tile any more I would buy a decent mini bus and use it to do private hire mini cabbing

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to where do old tilers go to ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.