• Thread starter cornish_crofter
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 313
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Where's my Phone???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

OK, I finally finished the job from Satan's Lair yesterday. I looked at my phone as I left to check the time and it was about 4.56pm IIRC. I then popped it into my pocket, drve the very short distance home, thought I heard it complain as it was out of battery.

I was going out last night and didn't have a lot of time to get ready so I decided to take my wallet and keys etc but leave my phone. Took cash out of my wallet and put it into my other wallet that fits snugly into my suit. Took off my jeans thinking my phone was still in them and shaved and showered then got changed into the suit.

Go back at about 12.00 am and decided to charge the phone - only I couldn't find it. Decided to look for it in the morning and have been looking for it ever since!

Been back to the job twice to look, can't find it, nor can the customer. I can't help thinking that I put it into my jeans pocket before I left and I heard it make a noise whilst I was reversing out to go home.

Just as a precaution I've got it locked and a new sim is on the way. Vodafone have offered me £50 off a new phone, which is nice of them as the new replacement is £183!

I wouldn't have minded so much but I'm only about 4 months into a 2 year contract and the phone I had before is on it's last legs.

Life really knows where to kick you.

D

DHTiling

Where's my Phone????

MSN-Emoticon-phone-087.gif

C

cornish_crofter

Thanks all.

Yup, tried ringing it as suggested. It was out of battery just before I lost it, the tell tale chime was its final death throw.

All I get is my own voice.

Reminds me of a clip from Michael McIntyre. "Where are you???!!!" down the phone if it answers before he finds it. Scares the crap out of you when you do find it and listen to the messages:lol::lol::lol:

Between the seat and handbrake is one of my favourite spots as well. But I've looked there.

I'm still hoping it's somewhere in the house. There is no insurance with the company. Annoyingly I've got one of those bank accounts that comes with mobile phone insurance but guess who didn't update them :oops:.

Vodafone have offered me £50 off a replacement, which would bring the direct replacement down to £133. I am tempted but I may just see if there are any cheaper ones. Although I liked my phone I didn't really use it to its full potential. Just give me a decent camera and bluetooth and I'm happy :hurray:. Plus the HTC I found to be a bit buggy.

They've agreed to keep the offer open so I'll see if mine turns up in the next few days. New sim card should be here on Monday. Until then I'll just have to borrow the wife's. My old Nokia 5800 will have to suffice until I can organise a new one - that's if I bother.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
i hate losing phones or breaking them lol as you lose all your contacts numbers i really must write them down in a diary

had an indestructable one a number of years ago as i was breaking too many......drinkin sesh in the pubone night saw the phone drop to the bottom of a pint glass full of lageras i was testing it to see how indestructable it really was....i beleive so im told anyway the phone was randomly calling everyone all night itself lol

i have yet to fond one thats un breakable

C

cornish_crofter

Mind don't usually last too long. I've had them fall apart in a few months and the odd one that has outlasted a year.

This HTC wasn't looking too good but I had it changed under warranty. The old one decided to end every call after about a minute. So it got changed. I have to say Vodafone were very good. They actually sent someone with the replacement and had me change battery rear cover and memory card and sim over then he left with my old one. The whole process took a day or two from when I reported the fault. Not the usual "It will have to go for repair for X weeks etc sir"

I've seen quite a good Nokia for the money on their PAYG site. That is also a smart phone priced at £80 reduced from £180. If they're prepared to give me £50 off that I may go for that anyway. I've always preferred the Nokias to anything else.

Reply to Where's my Phone???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
D
Hello, A recent property purchase as an investment in Florida. Home is 1-owner from new. I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 60189
D
Hi all, new here and I need some desperate help. Recently got my dad to tile my kitchen...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Where's my Phone????
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.