Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Which Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Its time to get a new manuel tile cutter for large format tiles. The problem is which one. If I am going to spend well in excess of £200 i think i need a little guidance.What are the options. I see Rubi have TS and TI 66 which look similar to the montolit 63 and sigma 3 and there are the usual rubi ts range. It will be used for a range of tiles ceramic and porcelain. Any advice or guidance will certainly be appreciated.
Many thanx

D

doug boardley

doug-boardley-albums-sunny-hill-picture2047-being-greedy-these-tiles-1000x-333.jpg

it's a tx1200n, a bit more coin than £200 tho'!

D

doug boardley

I was quite thinking that size though it looks the dogs b's about 700mm The issue is if the rubi ts or plus range are the best why are the new TI and TS range designed like the sigma and mono range. Sorry to be a pain but would like to get some views on this and any other recomendations
cheers[/quote
the TX range are the best imo, the movable breaker is priceless on tough porcelain:thumbsup:

D

dagger

i have to agree with Doug, its horses for courses!

as i said the ts is an all rounder that can be used on everything from 10x10s to 600x600 straight!

after that you need another cutter, but its pointless getting a TX if you dont have a smaller cutter, i have a TS30, TS60 plus, a TX1200n, a dewalt wetsaw, and a new ramondi wetsaw...
and they are the cutters i carry in my van everyday!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

i have to agree with Doug, its horses for courses!

as i said the ts is an all rounder that can be used on everything from 10x10s to 600x600 straight!

after that you need another cutter, but its pointless getting a TX if you dont have a smaller cutter, i have a TS30, TS60 plus, a TX1200n, a dewalt wetsaw, and a new ramondi wetsaw...
and they are the cutters i carry in my van everyday!!!!!
I gave my TS40 to Oli, as I found that my TX 700 could do everything:thumbsup:(apart from stone obviously, and I use my tx1200n for the big stuff!)

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVO

TF
stockport
hi fella,

I bought a tx700n at start of year, and its great for porcelain and large format stuff. Love the slide breaker on it for its versatility.
also have a rubi ts60plus for smaller stuff, but find sometimes find this wont snap some porcelain and they shear off.
would recommend a tx if you want to go up a range from ts. Its pretty hevy and bulky but, so what!
have alook on **************.

D

dagger

i have said it before and i will say it again...

1, score tile
2, move score line to edge of bed
3, put your left foot near the rails
4, put your right foot to the right of the score line and stamp on it!

its the same pricipal as the sliding breaker, but with a smaller machine and your foot!

works for me, and a couple of peeps on the forum.

but if you need a bigger machine you need a bigger machine!
thats why i purchased a tx1200n.

Dagger

D

doug boardley

i have said it before and i will say it again...

1, score tile
2, move score line to edge of bed
3, put your left foot near the rails
4, put your right foot to the right of the score line and stamp on it!

its the same pricipal as the sliding breaker, but with a smaller machine and your foot!

works for me, and a couple of peeps on the forum.

but if you need a bigger machine you need a bigger machine!
thats why i purchased a tx1200n.

Dagger
not advisable if like me, you have a 10" steel plate in your ankle:yikes:

Reply to Which Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was wondering if anyone could get me any advice on which tile cutter to go for please 🤞...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Sigma 66cms 2B3 tile cutter (I normally do small jobs, standard size tiles) but...
Replies
Views
L
Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy a manual tile cutter for occasional tiling jobs that i need to...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Which Cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%