Discuss Which cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Not looking to start any rows over favourite brands. I already have in my mind the brand I want.

I'm pricing a job at the minute which looks like an 800x80 polished porcelain. The biggest manual cutter I've got is the standard TX700.
I've been looking at Sigma for a while, if I net this job itll be the ideal time to invest in my first, and why not get something a bit bigger!

Not looking for huge because it needs to fit in the van, and aftergetting my bargain Chole Clipper of Bri the other week I'm running out of room!
Something about 900 but what one?
I'm interested in the different scoring methods. I'm used to and like the TR and later TX models because of the multi-point breaker. So what would he the equivilent? And liking the way the Rubi breaker is setup, what method, if different would I get on with?

W

White Room

I've got 3 sigma cutters, the first was a 500mm tile cutting length and had a pull handle and changed for the KK, next was a 630mm cutting length which I did'nt change. The final buy was a 900mm which was a max and I felt it gave a bit of bounce when cutting so changed for a KK which seemed more solid on the cutting action...just my view but they work for me.

To be fair I did try a cutter which my local supplier had and it was a 1200mm at about £250 and cut fantastic but can't remember the name of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
IMO Ali , you have a cutter capable of 700mm , so by going to 900mm is ok but cover all the options that could crop up and go Sigma 1250mm 3EK.

They are light enough for you to carry without getting a hernia if you got the TX 1200mm.

Also the Sigmas are better priced.

That makes sense. Ill have a look on TT tonight when I get home.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB