Discuss Which Fast Set Flexible White Adhesive? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julie

Hi All,
I am a customer with 45 m2 of 60 x 60 Porcelain floor tiles to be laid and a shopping list to buy 23 x 20 kg bags Fast set flexible white adhesive. My builder who I trust , has requested this much adhesive as the floor is not even and he will use the adhesive to level out. My problem is that tile shops avg 20kg bag is £23. A cost of £529 which is so expensive. Can anyone suggest a product that can be used in this way at a more affordable price? I really appreciate your help as need to buy ASAP. Thank you!

J

Julie

Thanks Guys!
I have googled Fibre Flex Levelling Compound which says its good for levelling wood, suitable for underfloor heating and retails around £15 a bag sounds like what I need? Is this a good product? I don't want to waste money but I still want a good job :) I can suggest it to the builder and buy the recommended amount of adhesive for sticking! Thanks all for your quick responses..Julie

B

Bubblecraft

Hi & welcome. Leveling the floor first is the way to go. As mentioned above, check to see what your deepest point will be to determine the type of leveller you require. Non flex levellers will be suitable for concrete substrates with various depth's up to around 10mm. As Doug has mentioned above, levelflex will do up to 50mm depth on most substrates & also suitable for under floor heating.

I do hope your builder goes down this route as the amount of adhesive he's requested for your area is ridiculous. At least if there's a few bags left of your "paid for" adhesive, he can use them on his next job & charge it to that customer!

nybor62

TF
rotherham
have you had any other quotes , if not i suggest you get one form a pro tiler , i dont like the sound of this , are you tiling on tiles ,and he wants that much addy to build the floor up , would luv to know what is method of fixing is going to be
were are you based , im sure we will have a member on here who is near you
may save you alot of heart ache , my experience with builders is, they dont make good tilers , and in most cases not even good builders
good luck hope all goes well

just noticed your from brentwood

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which Fast Set Flexible White Adhesive? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
10 minutes ago Add bookmark #1 Which mapei adhesive ( it's convenient for me to buy this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB