Discuss Which grout / adhesive / trim for my project? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Superdon1

Some advice please.....

i am doing some tiling in the kitchen and the bathroom. I have ordered some Zanzibar 10x10cm wavy edge tiles for the kitchen in the lighter (beige and white) colours. For the bathroom, some Grespania Galaca 40x25cm in the light blanco colour. Bother ceramic tiles. All areas have already got tiles on and are well stuck. I am going to remove some tiles, but am planning to tile over some as well (I know...). It's about 6 metre area in bathroom and same in the kitchen.

Adhesive
What adhesive is best and approx how much? Hopefully I can use one large bag for both areas?

Grout
same as above really? I am thinking white is best for both rooms?

Trims
Homelux ones ok? I would prefer these as they seem easily available. I have B&Q, homebase, topps tiles very easily accessible and I think they stock this stuff? My wife thinks cream colour for the kitchen to match the beige colours and white for the bathroom. Do Topps sell all the different sizes and corner pieces etc?

any help would be appreciated.

B

Bradma9

It all depends what your happy with using you could go for a tubbed addy as for the first time tilers it's easier. If you have got 12 square meters between the two rooms then you wouldn't get that out of one bag! Ultra colour is a good grout! I wouldn't buy any stuff from b&q there adhesive is not the same quality as a company like topps. Mapei apparently make two one for the trade one for b&q!! Lol also get you trim from topps as the homelux ones in b&q are really expensive!

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Just don't used tubbed adhesive to go over existing tiles, it will not go off under the tiles as you're tiling onto an impervious surface, you're better off to go for a flexible adhesive like keraflex over all of it to keep everything consistent, I wouldn't use tubbed adhesive for anything other than small kitchen splashback tiles, but even then you can come unstuck (pardon the pun), keep to the keraflex, and ultracolour is fine too. If your walls are plasterboard ensure they are primed before you apply the adhesive too. :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which grout / adhesive / trim for my project? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB