Discuss Which Grout For Wall & Floor Porcelin Tiles (4mm Gap) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Thanks all, I am a diy-er so don't want it going off too quick to be honest with you! Plus something not difficult to mix.

There is a lot of tile shops round me CTD, Tile Giant, Topps so can get any really. Don't mind ordering online if I have too.

Is black out of the question then? Tiles are a dull dark grey anthracite colour so any left over black won't show that much will it? However I quite like the TileMaster Grey as suggested - is that the best stuff? Or could do Bal Micromax2 Gunmetal, Smoke, Ebony? Too much choice!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If you really like black then test a bit in a corner or something. Use a stiffer grout float and only get the grout in the joint. Any on the tile immediately wash off. Perhaps get an emulsifying pad to help break any down off the surface of the tile. Always use a clean side of the sponge to wash off down the joints, and just work clean. Don't let anything dry where you don't want it to end up staying! And you might want a stiffer grout if you're going black. Too easy to apply means it's easy to get everywhere.

Other than that it's really personal preference. There isn't a poor quality grout as long as you get cement-based. It's all just down to choice of colour or preference of stiffness and how long it takes to go off etc.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which Grout For Wall & Floor Porcelin Tiles (4mm Gap) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB