UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Which Mapei adhesive ? should I use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chanmenie

Hi all great forum really informative

Having read all the great posts on here it is apparent that Mapei adhesives are the most used and recommended but which one should I use for my kitchen and floor ?
Keraquick or Mapeker. As they are both rapid set flexible ?

The floors have underfloor heating and have been screeded and a levelling compound applied so they are smooth and flat. Am I also right to use a half moon 10mm notched trowel and back butter the tiles ?
in which case how much adhesive will I need for 30sq m

M

Mike Mike

Thanks guy's I have tiled several large floors before and have always used rapid set but I have not previously tiled over UFH so what's the difference between Keraquick and Mapeker as they both appear to be rapid set and flexible ?

According to Mapei's Technical sheets, you have a longer working time with Keraquick (50% longer) and it has 33% greater tensile adhesion after 28 days.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which Mapei adhesive ? should I use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
10 minutes ago Add bookmark #1 Which mapei adhesive ( it's convenient for me to buy this...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.