Discuss which plasterboard for bathroom tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

a4arif

hi to all.
i have bathroom with two bare external brick walls (old plaster taken off)
and two partition internal walls (have taken old plaster and wood strips off, vertical wood still there).

i want to tile wall and floor with ceramic tiles.
instead of a shower i will be installing a p-shape bath with shower screen.

i am confused as to what board to use before tiling. as there is mixed opinion in forums.

i would like to dab and dot the bare brick walls, and use screws on the other two walls, what board can i use (green plasterboard or normal plasterboard or other)?

as for water proofing, what would be the best method for where the two walls are above the bath.

i know aquapanel and tile backerboard are best, but i dont have allot of room to play with on the walls. so need best solution start to finish.

any advice on boards, primers & Adhesives much appreciated.

many thanks.

C

Colour Republic

The primer comes with the kit, it also comes with some with all the matting, for your job you only need the corner mating, not

Full easy instructions in the box

1. plasterboard
2. apply wp1
3. silicone round bath (fill 3/4 bath with water)
4. Tile
5. Grout (leave the bottom grout line between bath and tile and internal wall corners)
6. Let grout dry
7. Silicone round bath again and internal wall corners (fill bath 3/4 full)
8. Leave it 24hrs
9, Have a bath / shower:thumbsup:

aflemi

TF
Arms
The primer comes with the kit, it also comes with some with all the matting, for your job you only need the corner mating, not

Full easy instructions in the box

1. plasterboard
2. apply wp1
3. silicone round bath (fill 3/4 bath with water)
4. Tile
5. Grout (leave the bottom grout line between bath and tile and internal wall corners)
6. Let grout dry
7. Silicone round bath again and internal wall corners (fill bath 3/4 full)
8. Leave it 24hrs
9, Have a bath / shower:thumbsup:

I would hold off on the shower for a bit longer eg BAL recommend 2 weeks wait for microflex to fully set .................

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to which plasterboard for bathroom tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB