UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Which van? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

For a transit, you would need a minimum of a MWB, Mk 5, 6 or 7. A SWB will take about 4 sheets diagonally but you cannot really fit anything else in it. You could go for the option of a transit with an external frail which I have on my Mk 6 (White) which I could load up to 10 x 12.5 on as well as space on roof rack or internally. Smaller vans with roof racks ain't much good as they tend to arch and buckle. Picture below is of my Mk 6 MWB & my Mk 7 Jumbo (Silver). My Jumbo will take 8' x 4's from back door to side door with fully side door access. I have fitted an internal frail in my jumbo for ease of loading & unloading sheets.
5acb1b1d-b128-e351.jpg

Jumbo showing internal frail & side load capacity

5acb1b1d-b3dd-25f1.jpg
5acb1b1d-b3fb-089b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Last edited by a moderator:

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I have a Combo and reasonably happy with it but its always expensive to get it repaired, the parts a lot more expensive than my old Astra and Cavalier.

I'd love a bigger van but going from small van to transit size will mean a sizeable increase in fuel bills (already silly money for diesel) and increased parking issues.

Big vans are the most hated vehicle on the roads, blocking peoples view etc.

M

Mike

I have a Combo and reasonably happy with it but its always expensive to get it repaired, the parts a lot more expensive than my old Astra and Cavalier.

I'd love a bigger van but going from small van to transit size will mean a sizeable increase in fuel bills (already silly money for diesel) and increased parking issues.

Big vans are the most hated vehicle on the roads, blocking peoples view etc.
i'm lucky as i've had my combo 2 1/2 years now and nothing gone wrong just yet, but the steering rack is on its way out. it only has 55k on the clock though. i'd like a bigger van too but for the same reasons as you can't. it just fits in my front garden. any bigger and it'll block the path and the light into the living room

P

phil w

How many sheets of plasterboard can you fit on the roof rack? And do a couple fit the back?
Hopefully gonna have more tiling work than plastering so would prefer something combo size.

Had 4 8x4 p/board on top,okay for the odd couple here and there, if I need large amounts get them delivered, 3 18mm wbp boards on a few weeks ago, as mike said 6x3's in back but with tools in not much room, put half ton sand in the back once not recommended poor little feller was'nt happy bit much for him. Ideal van for you and tools, but regular donkey work I'd go for something at least transit size

P

phil w

Thank Phil. Been looking round and weighing up my options over past few days. For the minimal (hopefully) plastering work I'll be doing, combo/transit connect size seems like my best bet.

used to have a connect company van for 10months nice little motor, was a choice between connect or combo when I got mine came down to price in the end both really good vans either way. little combo 53 plate done 104 thousand miles all over uk and had a spell in holland never let me down yet ( should'nt have said)

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
the connect is a lot taller than the combo,and if you have a roof rack for your boards too you'll struggle to reach, especially if you're a short arse like me :thumbsup:

Agree, nothing worse than getting 8x4's on and off on your own (lazy staff at Magnet don't help you but will take your money), broke a full shhet in half the other day as I was lifting it off. And I'm 6ft 2".

My Combo is cramed to the rafters, even the passanger seat and footwell contain boxes of stuff.

Reply to Which van? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had an outdoor limestone patio laid at the start of June (finished circa 07/06/24)...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Which van?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.