Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss which wet cutter??????????? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

B

bigandy

i personally use a kinzo cutter,only because it was the only one i could afford at the time.it has served me incredibly well and has cut thousands of meters of tile, granted most being trav.but i am still on the first blade!!and replacement blades are hard to get, but found a really helpfull shop where they only charged me a couple of quid.
also have a couple of spare cutters only cheap ones as the kinzo only cost about 150

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Hi all, Im looking to buy my first big wet cutter for the business as i now have the size job to warant it, i dont want to spend any more that £600, iv been looking at the rubi cutters but their are so many different ones and types with bells and wistles but dont know which one? So can any one recomend one, but also why?

Cheers for any help.
Do a search sranners mate, this topic is always coming up and there has been loads of advice and opinions.:thumbsup:

You don't say what size the job or the tiles are!

G

grumpygrouter

The "200" is the size of the cutting wheel. Rubi use this designation in all their wet cutters I believe. My DW 250n has a 250mm cutting wheel. The DW200 has a 200mm wheel etc. etc.

It is the bed length that dictates how big a tile you can cut and the movement of the cutter head on the rail. My cutter is supposed to accommodate a 710mm tile but I think the restriciton is the start point of the cutting head.

Just measured the bed length of my cutter - 930mm so I could in theory cut a 930 mm tile if I plunge cut first and then turn the tile around to finish off.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sranners

Thanks for clearing that up grummpy. I did know about the cutting wheel size but one thing i was hoping to get advice on was which size? Does a smaller wheel stop as much trenching when doing plung cuts? (what i mean buy this is where the blade goes through the tile if you are not pluging to half the wheel then the cut does not go through all the way to the end of the cut) understand!!!!!! lol,
While iv been looking around for a cutter i have seen descriptions saying that you can cut a 910 tile buy plunging and cutting and then turning the tile round.

THE BIG QUESTION IS: WHAT SIZE WHEEL IS BEST AND WHY, 200 OR 250????????

Cheers for all the help boys.

G

grumpygrouter

Thanks for clearing that up grummpy. I did know about the cutting wheel size but one thing i was hoping to get advice on was which size? Does a smaller wheel stop as much trenching when doing plung cuts? (what i mean buy this is where the blade goes through the tile if you are not pluging to half the wheel then the cut does not go through all the way to the end of the cut) understand!!!!!! lol,
While iv been looking around for a cutter i have seen descriptions saying that you can cut a 910 tile buy plunging and cutting and then turning the tile round.

THE BIG QUESTION IS: WHAT SIZE WHEEL IS BEST AND WHY, 200 OR 250????????

Cheers for all the help boys.
When I bought my machine, I looked at prices and potential uses for the machine. The bigger wheel gives more options re cutting depth etc so I bought that in case I need to cut through bricks and the like in the future.

If I though I was only going to cut up to say 20mm thick I would have bought the smaller wheel machine. As yet I have had no need for the extra capacity and it is possible I may never do but having it there means I have potential to have more use from my cutter.

Even if you buy the 200, you will not be buying a bad machine. Anyway, replacement blades would be cheaper!

Reply to which wet cutter??????????? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
which wet cutter???????????
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%