Discuss Who else fits bathrooms? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fliselege

Most of my work is building wetrooms, end product the tiling of it. Get a few splashbacks, hallway's, terrace's to tile but by default tiling in Norway is a wet trade enabling me to do all wet trades, don't ask... Anyhoo, fitting wood burning ovens is a wet trade as sealing into chimney is a brickies job and my boss bought a shop selling and fitting ovens a few years ago so been getting into that. thefireplace.no is our shop, nice work, just us, no plumbers electricians carpenters involved to let us down unlike the wetroom game :)

T

Time's Ran Out

I don't start a job till the tiles are in the room to be tiled.
We often do the complete job and get every trade in as required, paying them on day of completion ensures a good service.
Have to admit I enjoy the occassional full job as everything seems to flow well. However when we rely on others doing the work for builders it's usually crap!
Latest pain is plumbers requiring holes drilled for radiator brackets! What's all that about - just marked the tile for him to drill - and now he's going to charge the builder for hole cutters and time.
Lady asked me to put up a toilet roll holder - told her I didn't have a drill! If it was my job I would but not for other firms.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I don't get involved with water, had problems with it the past! Fortunately it's always been at home but it's put me off doing it for a customer. I will trim doors and plinths and I fit all types of flooring so a sort of multiple trader:sofahide: I'm slowly breaking back not the domestic market after spending several years on commercial jobs and I don't mind doing that little big extra to secure a job.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I'm a plasterer by trade ( I know, your all shocked and didn't have a clue) .
I think I'm pretty good at what I do, well no one complains, well not to me face ,and I'm quite small so they could bully me [emoji33]
It's why I get recommended to plaster/tile houses like this,some so called multi tradesmen like myself know the job ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428048576.506777.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428048732.126944.jpg

lots of money in the supply and fit. I have been offering the full service since i went S/E with my plumber ex mate back home. he helped me i helped him. four years of being taught led me to doing it myself.
I mostly get the trades in these days...keeps things flowing nicely and it doesnt lead to being sick of the sight of the same job, im sure you know what i mean by that.

T

Taylormade

I do the lot. Kitchens included and always have done. Only trade I get in is sparky unless it's very simple. That said most of the work at present is tiling. Just done 5 bathroom floors in a big house. It got to be a bit like Groundhog Day! Sanitary ware out, prep, tile and re fit. None of the pipe work had ISO valves and getting a plumber in just to fit them would have been a nightmare.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Who else fits bathrooms? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB