Discuss Who WOULD SELL in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

For fabrication purposes, Mosaics, particularly glass mosaics step away from traditional tiling cutting tools and take a step closer to Jewellery fabrication.

Take a look at lapidary tools and suppliers, maybe a diamond burr cut off tool or similar may be what you're looking for. If you can find something vacuum brazed that would be ideal.

These are used with Dremel type machines or even better a dentist type drill with foot operated switch if it's something you'll use day in day out. It will give far more control and detail cutting.

This kind of thing I'm thinking of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25pc-1-8-Di...r-Cut-Off-Wheel-Rotary-Tool-Set-/230907144788

If there's a demand for it, we could probably make something. It might take a few experiments with various grits until we get it right but I don't see why it's not doable.

Biggest question would be what tool it's being used in. Dentist drill type affair would be by far the most controlable. I always found Dremel type tools a right hefty lump for detail work.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David - Tradetiler

HI just found this diamond band saw video by Karl dahm and remembered your post don't know if I'm adding the link right

YouTube

As far as I know Karl Dahm discontinued that band saw as the blades were breaking far too often

Montolit make a special blade for angle grinders and mosaic. Have never used or supplied one but I could get one on request

disco-diamantato-per-mosaico-diamond-blade-for-mosaic-art.-SSM-344x330.jpg

C

Concrete guy

This will be vacuum brazed diamond as opposed to sintered diamond used most commonly in blades. We have some of these in the pipeline but we've decided on continuous rim as opposed to segmented.

As far as I know Karl Dahm discontinued that band saw as the blades were breaking far too often

Montolit make a special blade for angle grinders and mosaic. Have never used or supplied one but I could get one on request

disco-diamantato-per-mosaico-diamond-blade-for-mosaic-art.-SSM-344x330.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Who WOULD SELL in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB