Discuss Why Do We Do It ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I have had a run of working for disorganised builders and sharkish developers recently, I enjoy tiling but hate the bull that goes with it , I am upping my prices to try and weed out the shyte bags I have been doing business with lately

Does your nut in doesn't it..

O

On one

I had one the other day,I didn't find this out til later mind you.
A builder who one morning travelled 15 miles there and 15 miles back to the suppliers to pick up some mosaics for a wet room floor(I was doing a kitchen splashback and to keep me busy in the afternoon he went to the suppliers for the mosaics)
Now bear in mind there was no tanking on the concrete floor and never mind no tanking on the walls there was nothing screwed to the 4 walls either!

S

Spud

One builder I got involved is an absolute pratt, he's has no idea whatsoever, I've worked for many over the years but this guy takes the pee and he had the nerve to knock me for a days money.
I have had a run of them Mark today was another one turned up to tile a splash back above an oven hand made decorative Mexican glazed terracotta tiles measured the opening size 890mm gas range oven measured 900 , that's okay he says you can do some bits in the bathrooms , some other guys work, guy has tiled a bathroom in 6 inch white not cut in any cuts to the fittings or the raked ceilings tiled directly on skim plaster with cement based addy no primer and the wants me to finish all the cutting and grout it up

W

White Room

I have had a run of them Mark today was another one turned up to tile a splash back above an oven hand made decorative Mexican glazed terracotta tiles measured the opening size 890mm gas range oven measured 900 , that's okay he says you can do some bits in the bathrooms , some other guys work, guy has tiled a bathroom in 6 inch white not cut in any cuts to the fittings or the raked ceilings tiled directly on skim plaster with cement based addy no primer and the wants me to finish all the cutting and grout it up

Sometimes I just feel like walking and go and work at B&Q or somewhere....

W

White Room

So what happened to the original tiler, was he booted off.

G

Gazzer

Last year I dropped 4 builders for the same reasons as you Gary. At first I wondered if I had done the right thing but it freed up time to work for new builders and so far its working out but i had to do some contract work for other tiling companies to keep going. Some of those are good , some not so good but its good to have a clearout now and again. It also makes upping your rates easier.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Why Do We Do It ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! we have this beautiful porcelain floor down - there's 25 square metres of it. It...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB