UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Why men are the best... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

No its not why you are all thinking!

A lot of my (female) friends have at one point or another said to me...how can you bear working with men all day long? Then they go on to list the things I am missing 'girly chats about girly things', gossip about other friends, girly drinks after work, and missing out on girly giggles.

I now know I am not missing out on anything, if I want a girly chat or anything else I can do that outside of work. Working with men is great (for the most part) everything is straight forward, theres no hidden agenda, no bitching, and no back stabbing. So many of my friends ring me and say...that ***** ****** you know what she said about me! and it goes on and on and on. Half an hour later Ive given up the will to live, made 2 cups of coffee and smoked my way through half a packet of cigarettes in attempt to stay awake. I don't have girly giggles at work, I have laugh so bad times that I could pass out. Working with men rocks, fact.

Lynn

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Haha you just come off the phone from one of those girly chats then or something?

Men would love to work with a group of women all the time I'm sure but the sad fact is it'd probably be in an office environment with a group of old ladies and teens or something so perhaps not quite the same. Probably get lots of cake though. Always a sunny side aint there? lol

I used to work in a pub restaurant and there were about 35 18 - 30's working there. Always the girls falling out with each other and being bitchy. Some even moved jobs because of it. The lads though used to have a good laugh and generally always get on. If they had issues they'd quickly be sorted and kept pretty much to themselves.

Though I'm sure bitchy lads exist mind I've seen my fair share of back stabbing.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Why men are the best... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
We’re currently having our bathrooms fully redone including stripping back, boarding, tiling...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.