Guest viewing is limited

Discuss wide drains can be a pain! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Tiling a wet room floor thats got a bespoke glass curved door being manufactured, 910 quadrant , its in a loft bathroom and you cant swing a cat in there ,all the floor drains on the job are 800x 100 purus type shower drains or larger , couldnt get the falls to work well and keep the enveloping inside the quadrant so we cut the tiles down into mosaic and done the best we could of a pig of a shower here are some pics ungrouted

S

Spud

Sorry Gary , just realised it isn't grouted no wonder it looked so bad to me last night:oops::oops:
no you are right, I am not happy with the finish even though its ungrouted it isnt up to scratch ,the falls we screeded in ,my mistake on this was to let the apprentice cut up the mosaic which was sizey and out of square, I made him recut it all and tidey it up with the polisher but it still isnt what I would normally accept ,I will end up changing it if it still looks rough after its grouted :thumbsup:

S

Spud

@ Gary, that hung wall toilet is it a Geberit or Grohe and can u give me an estimate how much that cost....trying to get the same design for my wet room. Also did you tile the whole room or just up to the towel radiator?

Looking to tile my whole bathroom but not sure how it will look it......any ideas from other tilers in here....:thumbsup:
I am not sure what the fittings cost but if you pm me I will tell you where the customer purchased them from ,the walls were fully tiled in iridescant glass mosaic and grouted in white epoxy grout :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Have you seen the corner drains Purus do gary.. ideal for quadrant shower floors...

primus_corner.gif

Wetdecs does them..:thumbsup:

purus-corner-drain-tile-p-8616.html

Reply to wide drains can be a pain! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
B
Evening all, hope your all doing well. Was wondering if I could get your opinions on the best...
Replies
Views
bobbin
B
Q
I have noticed that alot of people on the forum ask questions on tile backer boards and also...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
V
Hi im in belfast and been reading the fourms for a while now, lots of good stuff here, but i...
Replies
Views
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
wide drains can be a pain!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.