UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Will a Grout Gun work with BAL Easypoxy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

ojtiler

Hi,

Am just about to start grouting my wetroom with BAL Easypoxy. I read a post on this site from 2008 where the OP had used a Cake Icing syringe to fill BAL Easypoxy grout into the gaps between the tiles! (This was part of a method to work in manageable areas without the grout going off!!).

I'm interested as to whether a grout gun would be suitable for this purpose? The key problem I can foresee is that the Epoxygrout will eventually 'go off' on the inside of the grout gun, making it virtually impossible to clean! The OP used cellulose thinners to clean his tools but - if the grout gun is made from plastic - I imagine this is going to be corroded.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this before I start the job.... am quite happy to use a conventional grouting technique - but the grout gun does seem to be a good way of ensuring that the gaps are completely filled without voids - and reducing the over-spread of grout onto the main surface of the tile....

Many thanks in advance...

O

ojtiler

Hi Brief update.....

Just finished small 'test area' with BAL Easypoxy. Found it easier to use than I had feared. I found I got a good fill into the 3mm gap between tiles by using an old hard plastic float - really do need to force this stuff in. As far as cleaning is concerned - that went OK. As I limited my first try to a small area, I found it very easy to remove the spare epoxy by:

a) scraping off excess with the plastic float - as much as possible
b) light action with an emulsifying pad
c) diagonal sweeping action with a sponge dipped in hot water

I left the applied area for about 15 hours and simply went over with a very dilute warm washing up liquid solution.

The grout has set to a nice clean line finish and there is no haze left on the tiles.

So - just another 15 sq.m to go!

Thanks again for your replies to the OP.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Will a Grout Gun work with BAL Easypoxy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here and I need some desperate help. Recently got my dad to tile my kitchen...
Replies
Views
I just got a new bathroom done through a plumber, who managed the whole process (I had no...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.