Discuss Will by bathroom end up in the flat below? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sutton1977

Hi, Just extended my bathroom and my 400x600 porcelain tiles arrived today:rolleyes5:

Ive tiled a bathroom before, but never with porcelain. Hope the walls can take it!

It is a Victorian house with thick (20mm) plaster directly onto the brick on one side, and the new stud partition on the other with 12mm new plasterboard, unskimmed.

I've seen on the other forums that I need flexible adhesive but do the walls sound okay?

S

sutton1977

Well, after discovering that I have run out of funds until I get paid next week, the project is on hold...:mad2:
A question about weights:
My walls are plasterboard. The tiles are 600 x 300mm porcelain and are 10mm thick. The box is 25kg for 1.08m2.
That makes the tiles 23kg per m2 in my mind. (25/1.08=23). Even if I add 5kg for adhesive, it's still under 32kg, so I can tile straight onto it?
Does that sound right? Can't really afford (or fit in my car) the Hardiboard:yikes: and its only a small wall (1.5m by 2.7m)

Also, whilst I'm asking, what Mapei adhesive should I use for these porcelain tiles, they will be on the wall above and the whole floor?

Thanks!:smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Will by bathroom end up in the flat below? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm redoing my bathroom that I did 15 odd years ago. Before it was tiled with 20x20...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB