Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Will this sort out a floating floor ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Stripped the tiles off a 1st floor apartments, Bathroom floor today to find its a floating floor. The reason the floor has failed, is due to a split bead of silicon along the shower tray,where the resulting leak as rotted the floor. I want to replace the floor, and make it a more stable surface for tiling. The actual floor is made up of what looks like concrete beams with a layer of polystyrene about 4 or 5 cm thick, with chipboard on the top of that. I plan to remove the chipboard, and polystyrene, and then secure beams the same thickness as the polystyrene to the concrete, replace the polystyrene, and then replace the chipboard with 18mm marine ply, and then fix 6mm cement board and tile. Does this sound alright, and would it be better to screw the beams down, or glue them with the same type of glue used to put solid wood flooring down. Not to sure about using a hammer drill on the floor, as there is an apartment below. any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Reply to Will this sort out a floating floor ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've read a few forum comments or articles about the dangers of laying tiles over...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Poynton, cheshire

Thread Information

Title
Will this sort out a floating floor ???
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.