Discuss Windows versus Mac in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I'm just after a general opinion from people, which do you use and why? i have pretty much been windows for years but i am thinking of a Mac next as windows just seems to slow up so quickly after purchase. I think windows just gets clogged up too easily. Speaking to Mac users the general opinion is they are so much better, both build and operating.

H

HorribleHagar

I'm just after a general opinion from people, which do you use and why? i have pretty much been windows for years but i am thinking of a Mac next as windows just seems to slow up so quickly after purchase. I think windows just gets clogged up too easily. Speaking to Mac users the general opinion is they are so much better, both build and operating.

I made the switch (pc to mac) around xmas time and no way in hell am I going back to PC.
Unless you want to run pirated games n such mac is just so much better... Unfortunately it comes at a premium.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I worked with Windows for 20 years and changed to Mac 2 years ago.

What a difference, so much quicker, reliable, robust. My Macbook has never hung once, has never given me an error message (O/S or app), never had O/S issues updates etc, never had a virus, and had no downtime.

To me that's worth the extra cash.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I worked with Windows for 20 years and changed to Mac 2 years ago.

What a difference, so much quicker, reliable, robust. My Macbook has never hung once, has never given me an error message (O/S or app), never had O/S issues updates etc, never had a virus, and had no downtime.

To me that's worth the extra cash.
Did you find the switch pretty easy John? I've been windows for 20 odd years as well.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Did you find the switch pretty easy John?

Very easy, there are a few different keys on the Mac for various functions that I never use, but I find for general day to day use it's pretty similar.

I do have the Mac version of MS Office running as well for my business and that's the same as far as I can see.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I was having a play with windows 8 in the shop and I didn't like it either, which first got me thinking about a mac.

The office thing worried me a bit but a mate of mine has the full mac version with 3 licenses and he still has one license left and he said I could have it if I got a mac, happy days that would be, I know it wouldn't be cheap.

B

Bubblecraft

We have a multitude of Apple products in our house. We have a desktop PC that rigged to our TV which we rarely use.

We were looking at a new laptop a few weeks ago & weren't sure if we should move to the mac. I wanted the mac but the Mrs couldn't justify the cost for how often we're going to use it so ended up getting another Windows O/S. Worst mistake we could have made. This new Windows 8 is absolutely shocking!! A nightmare to navigate & use.

Should have stuck with Apple. Lesson learned!

H

HorribleHagar

We have a multitude of Apple products in our house. We have a desktop PC that rigged to our TV which we rarely use.

We were looking at a new laptop a few weeks ago & weren't sure if we should move to the mac. I wanted the mac but the Mrs couldn't justify the cost for how often we're going to use it so ended up getting another Windows O/S. Worst mistake we could have made. This new Windows 8 is absolutely shocking!! A nightmare to navigate & use.

Should have stuck with Apple. Lesson learned!

I very nearly did the same. Was meant to buy a desktop comp and the price of the iMac brought tears to my eyes. Fortunately I managed to get an insane discount on this bad boy. Got three years free parts and labour on them both and free uplift incase they break.

*cough* student discount :sofahide:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Windows versus Mac in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had a go at tiling our cloakroom loo and its going ok, (I am extremely slow, it...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB