Discuss Wiring a new 2 gang switch from a single two way switch. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Wiring a new 2 gang switch from a single two way switch. Discussion ThreadWiring a new 2 gang switch from a single two way switch. Electrical Advice

I want to wiring in some new lights in an old shed I have. There’s an existing light switch for the toilet that powers a light, a fan and fan isolator, and it works fine. The shed can be dark in winter and I want to put a couple of lights in it with a switched light for the outside, and a light for inside. I believe I’ll need to wire in a 2 gang switch so I can switch the two new lights on and off separately.

I was hoping to take the supply I need for the 2 gang switch from the existing shed toilet switch. I am kind of stumped to know what to run to what and would be grateful for the help needed to know what to run where. The existing WC switch, is what I think you’d call a single gang 2 way switch. Here’s a photo of the back of it.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Wiring a new 2 gang switch from a single two way switch.

There’s a permanent power in at the top of the switch and there are L1 and L2 connections. It’s all working fine, but I want to take a supply from this switch to the 2 gang switch and then provide separate supplies from that 2 gang switch to the two new light fittings. Here’s a photo of the back of the 2 gang switch. Please ignore the wires. I was just trying to work things out in my head and figured it was best to ask the forum first.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Wiring a new 2 gang switch from a single two way switch.

The existing light switch and fan are the only things powered from a 5amp fuse on the power board for the shed.

Could somebody please help me and explain what wires go where? I figured I’d have to run the permanent live to the new two gang and then loop that supply to the second switch on the 2 gang (like I did in the image, but I am not sure so I need your help.

A big thanks

Flam

Wiring a new 2 gang switch from a single two way switch. for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Wiring a new 2 gang switch from a single two way switch. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Wiring a new 2 gang switch from a single two way switch. Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond