Discuss Women and diets in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

i don't diet. i eat whatever the hell i like. unfortunately, i have to compliment this with plenty of activities to prevent me getting fat. but i would prefer to exercise and be active and eat what i want instead of counting calories.

unfortunately, it's the society we live it. fast food, bad food, little activity, that's how the majority live nowadays and businesses like weight watchers cash in on it.

U

user123

Hmm... I'm not a very good dieter, but every last blood test showed I was HYPOglycemic, meaning I have LOW blood sugar, and I was fed up waking up at 4am thinking I was going to faint when it went even lower, or having low sugar episodes while driving etc. The usual answer is eat something, but the real answer is to balance the system, and follow a regime similar to a diabetic, which is the opposite condition. That was my reason for this no sugar trip I'm on now. All the good side effects like hardly any pain any more anywhere, even old problems like back and knee, I hadn't really expected, I cannot believe the difference in how good I feel!! So not a slimming diet per se for me, I still eat well, but really good stuff only, get my sweet cravings answered by fruit, losing a little weight with it, would like to loose more, but feeling better is amazing, and I wasn't even THAT bad before! I would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

All I can say is apologies to mike for my comments.........

That blew me away MG, just can't believe what they are doing, it beggers belief.

I KNOW!!! I felt exactly the same!! I listened to a talk by an investigative health reporter called Phillip Day some years back, and he was quite adament that there was a kind of conspiracy going on, to keep people ill, a weak population being ess able to bother about what the government is doing, that kind of thing. It seemed pretty far out at the time, like all conspiracy theories, but the more you read and the more you open your eyes, the more you think hmmmmm... what if? Went into the supermarket yesterday, the first isle you hit and the last products you see by the till are sweets, chemical garbage chewing gum, sugary cereals, etc etc and then you read that sugar causes inflammation in the body, the source of most pain, and you think why on earth does it get so much marketing power? Would we buy it as much if it was in the same boring packaging as fruit and veg? Read some statistic in a 1976 !!) book that teenagers consume the highest amount of sugar, that as much as 45% of their calorie intake is taken up by sugar which has NO nutritional value whatsoever and really poisond the system, very bad for the liver etc, and a perfect breeding ground for alcoholism, sugar again, no wonder binge drinking took off as it did, all that conditioning to need this stuff that is worse than unnecessary!!

You know those science fiction movies where peoples' minds get controlled by subtle subliminal messages, and then some dare to break out and think for themselves, and most think they are nuts, I feel a little like that about it all at the moment, the fact that it is even put into cigarettes just confirms it, as well as the alcopop drinks, someone is having a laugh!! I used to smoke and still miss it sometimes, and the conditioning of sweets and especially chocolate as a treat, go on, treat yourself, you deserve it, is so strong, that it all doesn't matter bladibla, to rise above it is really tough but very exciting, too, I HATE being controlled by anyone, let alone to the effect that is causes me pain or ill health or dependency on ... what? wo is benefitting?? Not me, that's for sure, except of my well trained taste buds... I do go on about this right now, I know, but I feel I discovered some great big secret I was not told much about at any stage of all my medical training! That's outrageous!

W

White Room

I KNOW!!! I felt exactly the same!! I listened to a talk by an investigative health reporter called Phillip Day some years back, and he was quite adament that there was a kind of conspiracy going on, to keep people ill, a weak population being ess able to bother about what the government is doing, that kind of thing. It seemed pretty far out at the time, like all conspiracy theories, but the more you read and the more you open your eyes, the more you think hmmmmm... what if? Went into the supermarket yesterday, the first isle you hit and the last products you see by the till are sweets, chemical garbage chewing gum, sugary cereals, etc etc and then you read that sugar causes inflammation in the body, the source of most pain, and you think why on earth does it get so much marketing power? Would we buy it as much if it was in the same boring packaging as fruit and veg? Read some statistic in a 1976 !!) book that teenagers consume the highest amount of sugar, that as much as 45% of their calorie intake is taken up by sugar which has NO nutritional value whatsoever and really poisond the system, very bad for the liver etc, and a perfect breeding ground for alcoholism, sugar again, no wonder binge drinking took off as it did, all that conditioning to need this stuff that is worse than unnecessary!!

You know those science fiction movies where peoples' minds get controlled by subtle subliminal messages, and then some dare to break out and think for themselves, and most think they are nuts, I feel a little like that about it all at the moment, the fact that it is even put into cigarettes just confirms it, as well as the alcopop drinks, someone is having a laugh!! I used to smoke and still miss it sometimes, and the conditioning of sweets and especially chocolate as a treat, go on, treat yourself, you deserve it, is so strong, that it all doesn't matter bladibla, to rise above it is really tough but very exciting, too, I HATE being controlled by anyone, let alone to the effect that is causes me pain or ill health or dependency on ... what? wo is benefitting?? Not me, that's for sure, except of my well trained taste buds... I do go on about this right now, I know, but I feel I discovered some great big secret I was not told much about at any stage of all my medical training! That's outrageous!

Think about money, a lack of it keeps people in control........

Illness, the drug companys need the money.....IMO

B

Bolter

Its fairly straight forward. If you eat more calories than you burn off, 99% of people will put on weight. I find dieting involves lying to yourself quite alot. I used to work in an office with many dieting women. There was one particular larger lady who was around 23st. She would swear blind she dieted strictly and was in tears quite alot of the time. I mean, she did have a salad at lunch! She would of course bring in biscuits everyday, and of course join in on the cake rota, and then if its someones birthday then more cakes, someone comes back from holiday - more cakes. And of course the best excuse ever, "Ive done well this week, and its friday, Im gonna treat myself to some cakes"

They would literally look at me, while stuffing cake in their faces saying "its alright for you skinny people..."

:dozey:

Reply to Women and diets in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
B
Hiya fellas (and ladies if there are any), I've been looking through this forum for a few...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
I went to a customers house 2 nights ago to price up a job. Job described to me as a small...
Replies
Views
F
We (they) have a tradition in Norway called "Dugnad" which directly translates to "Volantry" so...
Replies
Views
Fliselege
F
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Women and diets
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.