Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Work Experience of sorts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul C

Guys

Just pasting a bit of text that I posted a week or so ago in the welcome section that people have advised would be better off in this section of the forum.

Is there anyone in the London/ Surrey area who would mind if I shadowed them on a job for experience ?

Not sure if this is the done thing but prior to learning the skills myself and embarking on live jobs with customers it would be great to see you pros at work etc.

Not looking for a penny in return or indeed to slow anyone down, just after the experience and help in anyway I can.

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

Paul

the setting out becomes second nature after a while so take your time and dont worry, your right though, the datum line and setting out is extremely important and can make the difference between an average job and the wow factor

dont worry about the addy, mapei has a good pot life and you will soon learn to mix enough for your speed

im pleased your enjoying it and there is a lot to take in, just remember the first rule of tiling.............near enough aint good enough, get it spot on

M

mikethetile

its like that sometimes, you get the widow centred as its a focal point and end up with odd cuts on the ends

I try and balance the narrow cut by setting out the next wall to make it look like the tile has followed around rather than having two narrow cuts in the corner, sometimes means another narrow cut at the other end of the adjoining wall

you need to use your judgement and work out the focal points in the room

Reply to Work Experience of sorts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’m just in the middle of doing a course with UK Pro Tiling and was wondering if I...
Replies
Views
hello to everybody, how's it going? I'm new here just signed up and wanted to know what...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I'm newly qualified in wall & floor tiling but feel I missed out on alot of practical...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Work Experience of sorts
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.