UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Work From home Part-Time Income in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

Alreet Guys

As its that time of year and things are running slow, (Well for me they are) i was wondering if anyone has or is working from home to earn a bit of extra cash when things are slack

There are loads of websites offering to make you earn £1000 a week part time and everyone knows its a load of bull

Im just looking for a job in the evenings for a couple of hours a day to earn a bit of extra cash

I knew a guy a while back who did door to door debt collecting but as i dont see him anymore i dont know where to find these companies

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Checkout this site mate: [DLMURL]http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/protect/make-money[/DLMURL]

In my experience in business though; you have to give one thing 110% to make it work. Those things that start off steady are the sure things. I've made lots of cash from 'projects' usually buying and selling something using my web skills to get the customers flocking in but competition always clock on. With your tiling skills you're selling yourself and nobody can compete, you just need to get yourself out there and keep throwing poo at it - some will stick - as they say.

Read the 'sticky' thread in the Tilers Forums Arms titled 'finding work'. Keep reading it and keep doing all the things on it - and think of some more yourself.

If you're sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring you're not doing enough.

It's funny really because a lot of tilers on here forget how they started out, some would have had an easy ride, but any of them that are getting lots of work in don't have your problems and will probably wonder what you're talking about - you really need to do one thing - get your business name out there.

I can't stress enough that if you get along with one tile shop you'll get enough work from it to live well. You only need a couple of jobs a week from it. That's two of their hundreds of customers. A popular tile shop can give pleny of good tilers plenty of work. Go sit in the tile shop instead of by your phone. Talk to the staff, have a laugh and a joke.

One thing I used to do is get my happy customers call the shop and tell them I did a good job and they're really happy with the work. The more customers that call the better your reputation will be with the shop. All customers would have had their tiles from somewhere so even if it's not a shop you go to often still get them to call and mention you, then pop in and introduce yourself to the person the customer spoke to.

Relationships, relationships, relationships. :)

Good luck.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Work From home Part-Time Income in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been planning on tiling my 16sq m dining room floor for ages, so have been reading...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Please can someone who knows what they are talking about help me out. I am very unhappy. I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.