Discuss work plz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tabby Cranks

You will struggle to find some one to teach you to tile at weekends. Plus you're asking a fully experienced tiler to show you how to tile so you can go straight and compete for the same work?
Your best route will be learning the ropes at a good training school. If you want to invest in a career in tiling, then thats exactly what you need to do.

The thing you get with an apprentice youth, is a few years commited service while he learns paying him an apprentice wage. Helping to mix adhesive, clean tools, unload vans etc..., all menial jobs that help the tiler earn money. At the same time picking up knowledge here and there, maybe doing a day release.

What you're suggesting won't really earn the tiler money, more than likely cost him.

If you went on a decent course, then looked for a tiler, you might have more success.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to work plz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, We are looking for a tiler for potential tiling work in the Suffolk and Essex area. We...
Replies
Views
I am looking for 1 wickes Mississippi grey tile - damaged 1 tile in my kitchen and they have...
Replies
Views
Hi, first timers here... I am tiling my bathrooms and prefer the look & neatness of tiling...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
work plz
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.