Discuss working for builders.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

I have a tool for extracting any money withheld

images.jpeg :smilewinkgrin:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
What can u do Andy, you either trust them or not, you can usually tell the tosspots though !
I've had one or two rip me and one of them was a life long mate, not any more :)?

iv'e had it before, they all promise you the earth right up to when you finish the job, then they do a disappearing act........I know you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush....but things have defo got worse these last couple of years..

O

On one

I have a tool for extracting any money withheld

View attachment 53527 :smilewinkgrin:
Just reminds me of a story I was told many years ago of an Chinese restaurant that would pay up for building works carried out. Bloke walks into the said restaurant with a bucket of water with a smidgen of petrol sitting on the top,but just enough to make it look like a full bucket full of petrol and he kept flicking away on a cigarette lighter...... it wasn't long before the funds were forthcoming!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Andy, do you know any of the other trades who work for the same builder? If so speak to them and ask if they are paid regularly. I always put a couple of calls through to a couple of people, I then get a better picture, before making a decision.

Good Luck

Lynn

did that last year, except I asked the other trades what he was like at paying when I had started the job..:mad2: they said you would get paid....eventually !! like a prat I finished the job, and true to there words I got paid...3 months later...:incazzato:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to working for builders.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB