Discuss Working on a job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Well mosaic tiling a swimming pool in somerset !, there is a tiler working on his own doing the changing rooms and surround ,he is a cracking tiler his work is spot on ! But he is sleeping in his van and working untill 9pm at night :yikes: he takes ages to do work , he drinks coffee all the time and smokes roll -ups all the time and stops a lot for breaks for the coffee/smokes/talk's to everyone for ages, .
i can't help feeling if he got -on with his work more, he could get home to his bed ,and not have to work such long hours, do any of you guys have this way of working ? :hurray:

gamma38

TF
Bedford
My sparky, well ex sparky was exactly the same, nice guy spot on work wise but started around whatever time and finished around whatever time, with roll ups and energy drinks all day inbetween, and he could talk anyone to death. I just couldn't work with him anymore, new spark is spot on, turns up on time, grafts and even cleans up as well :thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Yep go at my own pace 1-2m per day :lol:

I do go at my own pace though. Have a cuppa mid morning and dinner then one in afternoon. Generally have a chat with customer as well to get into their psyche as they will pass your name on for work. Free advertising and you can't beat that.

It depends on what the job is sometimes it can go smoothly and rattle it off, but the bathroom I'm doing now has been a nightmare for prepping, walls down, tiles off, wallpaper off (reinforced lining paper) then paint off walls as well, build new stud walls for shower, overboard, overboard ceiling for plasterer. 4 days work before I even got near a tile.

S

Sean SML Tiling

My sparky, well ex sparky was exactly the same, nice guy spot on work wise but started around whatever time and finished around whatever time, with roll ups and energy drinks all day inbetween, and he could talk anyone to death. I just couldn't work with him anymore, new spark is spot on, turns up on time, grafts and even cleans up as well :thumbsup:

You mean there is an electrician out there that actually cleans up? :eek:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

well i was tiling the roller-pit today, and i had noticed the tiler had laid a strip of ditra along-side the pool and filled the dimples -in , then the forman came in and started moaning about him as he had not turned-up today ! he said he was a good -tiler but slow and not reliable , Then we left at two o'clock to go to another job lol ,but to be fair we had done a good day's work !, we whent to the other-job and there were three TURKISH guys screeding they had a pump,and two were watching the one guy work ! and all-day he had laid about 25m2 ,God knows how they would make that -pay, and all there kit was top of the range and new ......... :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Working on a job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have recently had some carpet fitters in who have done a great job but have...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB