Discuss working on tv in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Have been asked a few times years ago but never took offer up. It was always for free and didn't think it was worth the agro .one of them was for johnny revell who used to be chris Evans side kick until they fell out.He then went in in to the tv renovation game .
He asked me to cost to do his own kitchen floor and because I knew Paris ceramics I got him a really good deal as he lived next door to one of my employees and the carrot dangle was that we would appear on his show doing his floor.
He secured the deal and paid for stone and then used someone else to fix it because I charged vat.
I was seriously hacked off with him.
There have been other offers but the angle is always think of the publicity!!!
I would rather just get paid for doing a job

J

jonnyc

i just missed out getting a part in one of the rambo movies , i was working in israel in eilat , the casting manager was looking for guys over 6ft with blonde hair and blue eyes , there was a cafe were we all went in the morn , but i was late on the day this guy came looking for extras , gutted , it was good money aswell . they filmed in the sinai desert
think we used to drink at the same bar in eilat!!!
i got a part in the movie massada after a long time trying to get in .was a roman sopldier ,syrian archer and german barbarian.great laugh and easily the best money in israel for travellers.
i actually had two words to say to peter otoole but they cut them out i amonly seen nodding.
i was set up to do a cowboy movie after but unfortunately one of the bedouin arab boys who was dressed as a roman in a big scene where we short of westerners , turned his spear upside down and stabbed me in the foot. that was the end of my movie carreer but i still have the pair of sandals whicg were used in ben hur original with a hole in them as souvenir!!!
what years were you in israel nybor? i used to live on the roof of a cafe on beach or on top of the lifesavers look out to avoid those rats

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to working on tv in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB