Discuss Working with stone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Ive just bought this mate,just over £700 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361002018.691170.jpg
I will post a link when i can remember where i got it from .
Problem is i dont want to use it and get it mucky ;)

not that i want to take trade away from tradetiler,this is where i got mine from,a bit cheaper that tradetiler
http://www.my-tool-shed.co.uk/p2376...110_Volt_+_D24001_Leg_Stand/product_info.html

Last edited:

beanz

TF
Berkshire
The dewalt is my next buy.. It comes highly recommended... Sigma 9P is also supposed to be good, but I haven't used that one either lol!
I have used the Rubi DW250N though, and although it gets a bad press, and has the usual Rubi quality parts issues, it's the best cutter I've used on stone so far... The poor quality parts are enough to stop me from buying it, but there are plenty of people out there that happily soldier on with it!?!

S

SJPurdy

make sure that your selected cutter will accomodate the size of stone that you are likely to be fixing.
I use a bridge type cutter and find that the ability to be able to raise and lower the blade is useful especially with poor quality veined stone where i can cut a shallow groove across the stone and then progressively deepen it so that if the stone does decide to break it will follow the groove rather than the existing weak points.
Steve

D

DHTiling

The dewalt is my next buy.. It comes highly recommended... Sigma 9P is also supposed to be good, but I haven't used that one either lol!
I have used the Rubi DW250N though, and although it gets a bad press, and has the usual Rubi quality parts issues, it's the best cutter I've used on stone so far... The poor quality parts are enough to stop me from buying it, but there are plenty of people out there that happily soldier on with it!?!

Trust me when you use a Dewalt you will realise that dw250n is a toy.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Working with stone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB